What is networking and benefits of networking
What is Networking? Networking is more about farming than it is about hunting. Its about culltivating relationships- ivan misner. Networking is the action or process of interacting with others to exchange information and develop professional or social contact. It involves building and maintaining contacts and relationship with other people. It is allabout who knows you and who you know.
Did you know the most important skill in networking is listening. You must have a listening ear to network easily with people.
Types of network
1. Social network
2. Professsional network
3. Artificial / casual cntact network.
1. Have a one minutes elevationship pitch ready about yourself to go at any time . your elevationship pitch gives you the opportunity to tell others about yourself, your skils or even your achievement.
2. Plan ahead who you need and want to meeet, do research and come prepared with conversational questions and points.
3. Be yourself and do not try to sell. People hate it when you trry to be salesy. Once they notice you are trying to sell to them, they will not want to network with you. Focus on making a connection that can lead to more conversation.
4. Offer to help
5. Follow up- this is what a lot of people fail at doing. Ensure you follow-up.
6. Be extra helpful and resourceful
Always focus on building healthy relationship.
Wrong way to networking
1. Only networking when you need a job or to ask for favour.
2. Not offering to help
3.Not following up
4. Rejecting a connection because of status
One way you can improve is by breaking out of your comfort zone.
Major Benefits Of Networking
- Its about sharing, not taking so you gain and contribute to the market knowledge in your field and industry
- Your networking can be an excellent source of new perspectives and ideas to help you in your role.
- Helps you to build your self confidence.
45 total views, 1 today