Full-Time Economic Assistant Needed at U.S. Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy
The U.S. Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
- Hiring Path: hospitable the general public
- Security Clearance Required: Secret
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment sort Details: Definite to not Exceed (5 years)
- Start date: Candidate should be ready to begin operating at intervals an inexpensive amount of your time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their movement could finish.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel needed: Not Required
- Basic perform of the Position – The incumbent undertakes economic analysis, writes cables and reports, develops contacts in host government ministries, departments, and agencies, similarly as in NGOs, international organizations, and businesses;
- Tracks GoN priorities similarly as participation in and progress toward USG priorities;
- Develops and engages contacts at intervals USG agencies relevant to the portfolio; delivers demarches; organizes conferences for the Ambassador, DCM and Economic Counselor;
- Briefs Economic personnel on problems relevant to the portfolio; is management officer for official visits; represents the Embassy at in-country functions;
- Represents the Economic Section in Embassy committees and functioning teams. The position needs Secret Clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Two years of University Studies is needed.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ of labor expertise relevant to the main duties and responsibilities of the position. expertise demonstrating effective social engagement and communication skills is needed.
Job data: Knowledge of U.S .Government and Department of State structure and operation is needed.
Language: Fluent in English is needed.
Good analytical and drafting skills, oral presentation and social skills ar needed. data of Microsoft workplace software system suite is needed.
All candidates in consideration will need to pass medical and security certifications.
Staff employed locally, as well as Members of social unit (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), acting at the U.S. Mission in national capital, Nigeria could receive a compensation package that will contain health, separation, and different advantages.
For EFMs, advantages ought to be discussed with the Human Resources workplace.
The pay plan is prepared at the time of the conditional supply letter by the time unit workplace.
Hiring Preference Order
AEFM / USEFM World Health Organization could be a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
AEFM / USEFM
FS on LWOP and metallic element with reemployment rights **
Who could Apply/Clarification From The Agency
For USEFM – FS is 05. Actual FS regular payment determined by Washington D.C.
U.S. national Eligible members of the family (USEFMs) – All Agencies.
We encourage you to browse and perceive the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas staff before you apply.
Equal Employment chance (EEO)
The U.S. Mission provides civil right and honest and equitable treatment engaged to all or any individuals while not reference to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, legal status, or sexual orientation.
537 total views, 2 today