Full-Time Apply for the position of News Correspondent at Gazette Nigeria
Gazette Nigeria is news and media company that majors in coverage of various broadcasts about happenings in our great country. At Gazette Nigeria, we focus on real issues about real people in Nigeria, especially with the recent rise of insecurity. Our company is hell bent on bringing you the required updates, the ones you have the know and happenings beyond africa. Talk about politics, stock market, our economy, Nollywood Industry, music industry, viral news, we bring it to you ‘as e dey hot’. We are currently hiring to fill the position of:
Job Title: News Correspondent
Employment Type: Full-time
News Correspondent Responsibilities
- Collect, verify and analyze thoroughly newsworthy information
- Assemble findings into a stable story
- Write and deliver news stories with the reader’s perspective in mind
- Analyze and ensure accurate and crisp news reporting to avoid ambiguity and redundancy.
- Collaborate with news editor to improve story presentation.
- Work in assigned beat areas once every week to gather all local news.
- Coordinate with graphics department to obtain visual elements for each story with appropriate photos or graphics.
- Manage staff photographers for all reports of local events.
- Develop breakout boxed for each story to emphasis lead points
- Publish or broadcast news stories
- Receive assignments or investigate news leads/tips
- Abide by journalism’s ethics and codes
- Contact, interview and research sources
- Maintain notes and audio recordings
- Cooperate with reporters, chief editor, producers etc
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events in the “beat” by studying papers, attending events etc.
News Correspondent Requirements
- Proven working experience as a Reporter
- Portfolio of published articles or newscasts
- Ability to gather, write and edit news
- Broad knowledge of headlines
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication, lobbying and active listening skills
- Integrity and morality
- Ability to pay attention to detail
Application Closing Date
20th of May, 2021
How to Apply
To start application process, click on the facebook link below:
33 total views, 2 today