Full-Time Apply for the position of Business Reporter at Myrtle Management Consultants
Myrtle Management Consultants is a top class international news media company aimed at building a reputable media brand, across television, mobile, and web. Their focus and objective is to bring Africa to the world, by telling the true African history from an African perspective, using our cultural and ethical diversity, creativity, and technology. Our company is currently hiring to fill the position of a Business Reporter to be a proactive, editorial, and meticulously organized individual. The appointed candidate will work directly with the Head Newsroom, to execute cross-platform business news coverage on pan African and global business stories.
Job Title: Business Reporter
Employment Type: Full-time
Business Reporter Responsibilities
- Report and write news stories for publication or broadcast, describing the background and details of events.
- Arrange interviews with people who can provide information about a story.
- Work alongside correspondents and producers in story research.
- Support field teams with in-house production.
- Research and analyze background information related to stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gather information about events through research, interviews, experience, and attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social, and other functions.
- Report news according to your findings as they unfold.
- Investigate breaking news developments such as disasters, crimes, and human-angle stories.
- Field producing opportunities.
- Travel assignments for large breaking news events is possible. (Note: you could spend long periods of time in the elements – i.e. extreme heat/cold, rain, etc).
- Occasionally write digital wire stories.
- You should have a front row seat as history unfolds before your eyes.
Business Reporter Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree Journalism or related field preferred.
- Candidate must be a social media savvy, always wanting to get what is going on.
- Professional and polite phone manners
- Strong code of ethics, candidate must know when to stop and when to draw the limit.
- Basic knowledge on how to ask the right questions
- Ability to always be positive
- Applicant must pay attention to details
- Strong desire to work in the field,learn and contribute to journalism from some of the best in class business news.
Application Closing Date
20th of April, 2021
How to Apply
To start application process, click on the facebook link below:
45 total views, 1 today