How To Deal With Stress
Stress is a common word everyone is familiar with. A lot of people go through life facing stress at each point, even a little child is not spared. Not everyone really understands what stress means. In the following paragraph, we’ll be learning everything you need to know about stress and how to deal with it.
WHAT IS STRESS
Stress is the body’s reaction to extreme external pressure. This simply means that stress is your body’s way of telling you that it is really tired. Stress is normally associated with too much work, or basically too much activity.
Stress is a result of too much pressure on yourself. It usually comes from outside, meaning that something happens to you that makes you stress. It is a response to whatever is going on in an external environment. Other causes of stress could be: cold, heat, surgical procedure, bad health, and the list are endless. Anything at all can lead to stress.
WHAT STRESS DOES TO YOU
The effects of stress are;
- Long sleep periods or no sleep at all.
- You find out that you’re adding a few pounds or experiencing weight loss.
- Constant severe headaches.
- Depression and isolation.
- You feel angry all the time and irritable.
- Indifference attitude, not caring about what happens around you.
- Constant worry and anxiety.
- With excessive alcohol intake, you gradually become addicted to caffeine and nicotine.
- Inability to focus and concentrate.
The above are just a few of the many effects of stress. Stress is bad because it not only affects you, it also affects people around you. You may have one or two of the above effects though. Let’s learn how to eradicate stress in the following steps, so when next you feel stressed you can apply any of the measures below.
WAYS TO DEAL WITH STRESS
- Reschedule for relaxation: Working is important because it’s how you earn a living but then all work and no play will not only make you full, it also makes you stressed out. Plan more fun hangouts, Relax yourself. In fact, you can intentionally mark dates in the calendar to just enjoy yourself and relax either alone or with family.
- Exercise works: Apart from increasing blood circulation, regular exercise also flushes out stress and balances the overall body system. Taking a 30-minute walk is totally something worth trying out.
- Eat good food: Remove alcoholic beverages and nicotine far from you. Ensure you eat properly nutritious meals. have healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Let fruit and veggies be in abundance. Take lots of water and always stay hydrated.
- Network with lots of people: Talking releases stress, bet you didn’t know that. Discuss with groups, communicate with new friends just talk. Talk about anything at all, most things that are interesting to you. Do this often and you’ll be glad.
- Define your hobbies: Some people don’t have a hobby or favorite thing to do. It’s a pity. More often, engage in activities that make you happy, activities that you enjoy. It could be gardening or cycling, taking vacations, bonding with your cat, swimming, and singing. Anything at all, just do something fun. It makes you joyful and lowers your heart rate too.
- Get enough sleep: If 8 hours of sleep would not satisfy you, create time for more sleep. That’s right because if you don’t get enough sleep, you will not be able to achieve much. You’ll be constantly weak and tired. So to avoid such, you should add extra hours to make up for lost sleep time. Meditation is also a good idea.
- Get help: If you are finding it difficult to even temporarily relieve stress, you should see a therapist, a stress coach, or a mental health counselor. Your well-being is as important as the air you breathe. Don’t be afraid to get help.
In conclusion, manage stress to live longer and fulfilled. Deal with stress. Be happy.
195 total views, 1 today