Federal Government of Nigeria commences the selection of N-Power ‘Batch C’ applicants
The Federal Government of Nigeria on Thursday the 11th of March, 2021 announced the beginning of the selection process of applicants for the “Batch C” of its N-Power programme.
The Humanitarian Affairs Disaster Management and Social Development Minister, Hajia Sadiya Umar Farouq, disclosed that at the close of the N-Power application last year, the government received over five million applications.The application process which was done online began on June 26, 2020 and closed at midnight on August 8, 2020.
In furtherance of the selection process and in a bid to ensure a transparent and seamless process, the National Social Investment Management System (NASIMS) has been launched by the Minister for an easy coordination, deployment and management.
She stated that all the details of the applicants have been migrated into the new (NASIMS) platform, indicating that they will be required to undergo an online test which is a compulsory part of the selection process.
According to her, the “Batch C” programme will run for a period of 12 months (1 year) with each beneficiary getting a monthly stipend of 30,000 naira.
Farouq also attributed the delay in the selection process to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Speaking on the reason for the creation of the portal, the Minister said: “The Social Intervention Programmes (SIPs) are undergoing a series of restructuring and strategic realignment based on the implementation experiences since 2016, and the impact of the COVID-19, with the view to deliver much more socio-economic benefits to the poor and vulnerable by optimising their operations, maximise their impacts and driving efficient coordination and management.”
Speaking on the number of persons that will be recruited, the Minister said: “We have reached another milestone in the process of recruiting and onboarding of the ‘Batch C’ N-Power beneficiaries, beginning with 500,000 beneficiaries. The N-Power ‘Batch C’, as launched today, is structured to onboard one million new beneficiaries, beginning with an initial 500,000 beneficiaries in the first stream, and a subsequent second stream of 500,000 beneficiaries, all in line with the national policy drive of lifting 100 million persons out of abject poverty in 10 years”.
581 total views, 2 today