5 Dreadful Effects Of Procrastination You Should Know
A popular adage says “Whatever you have to do, do quick”. Procrastination is not at all strange to us because almost everyone is faced with procrastinating things at some point. When you don’t do things at the right time, you not only breakdown but also become over-stressed. Read to the end as we decode what procrastination is about.
Procrastination is simply putting off what needs to be urgently done to a later date. It is when you say to yourself “oh well, I can actually do this later” or “I’ll sleep and do that when I wake up” and things like that. Procrastination steals precious time. It becomes dangerous as a habit.
Dreadful Effects Of Procrastination
1. You waste precious time: Do you have any idea how much time you’ve wasted by procrastinating? I bet you don’t know. The worst part of it is that after a few years or more, you realize that those things you were meant to do were not done and you cannot do them again. Time is very important and wasted time is wasted life.
2. Frustration levels increase: You find out you’re always stressed and frustrated all the time. More often, one is put under pressure to do things which eventually leads to failure in whatever they do.
3. No more second chances: When you procrastinate, opportunities that you are supposed to take hold of and utilize fully, those opportunities are gone and cannot be recovered. There’s no next time or next chance to do anything. The painful thing is that those opportunities could have changed a life forever and led to major breakthroughs.
4. Ruins your career: To maintain a good career, there is a need for efficiency and proactivity. You don’t meet deadlines or achieve your monthly target at the office, you end up performing poorly and making bad decisions. Once you form a habit of always doing things later, you might get queried, and if it continues one might end up fired. That can destroy one’s career for life.
5. Depression and low self-esteem: When you find out that things are not going as they should or there are so much pressure and problems, indifference sets in, and gradually depression becomes evident. You see others do well and excel but then it’s difficult for you because of procrastination.
I could go on and on about more dreadful effects but that’s not going to help. The only solution to deal with procrastination is to change your mindset and be a ‘now’ person. Do things immediately. Get help if needed. Procrastination is terrible, kill it.
289 total views, 1 today